This document has been automatically translated at DeepL.
This add-on makes it easy to open folders on a file server.
When the address of a folder is written in the body of an email,
such as "\\nas\share\Documents\2021\Manual\for printing"
Just click the add-on button to open the folder.
How to install
In order to use the add-on, you need to install two things: the add-on and the linked app.
- Install the add-on from the Thunderbird add-on distribution site.
- When the installation is complete, the "Open Folder" button will be added to the top of Thunderbird.
- Download and install the linked application (about 1.6MB).
- When the installation is complete, the Open Folder icon will appear in the task tray.
- A shortcut will be created in Startup, so the application will automatically launch when Windows starts.
- The application will be installed on "C:\Users\(User name)\AppData\Local\Programs\OpenFolder".
- If you want to install it manually, save OpenFolder.exe (about 21KB) to an appropriate location
and create a shortcut in the Startup folder.
How to Uninstall
- Remove the add-on from "Manage Your Extensions" in Thunderbird Add-ons.
- Right-click the OpenFolder icon on the taskbar, click "Exit", and then uninstall the application from "Windows Apps and features".
- 2021/03/07 V1.00 Release
- 2021/03/09 V1.01 Fixed handling when server not found.
- 2021/03/16 V1.02 Fixed a bug that sometimes caused exception errors.
- Tested on Windows 10 version 2004.
- No compensation, personal use, commercial use possible
- Contact address email@example.com
Copyright 2021 myct